A preconference workshiop titled Design of Sustainable Thermal Breaks has been planned on the afternoon before the start of the this year's Structures Congress in Boston, Massachusetts. The workshop will focus on providing practicing engineers with state-of-the-art strategies implementing thermal break connections. Design and construction examples by the SEI Sustainability Committee's Thermal Bridging subcommittee will be presented. You probably won't find these tips in typical structural engineering texts.
Additionally, an architect and a mechanical engineer will discuss why thermal break connections are important aspects of building science. They will also describe how overall energy modeling effects ASHRAE's recent reporting on building envelopes.
The 2014 ASCE/SEI structurs congress is April 3-5, 2014, at the Sheraton Boston Hotel and Hynes Convention Center.
Register for the preconference seminar here.
MODERATOR: Mark Webster, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
- James A. D’Aloisio, P.E., SECB, LEED AP BD+C, Klepper Hahn & Hyatt
- Dave DeLong, S.E., LEED AP, Halvorson & Partners
- Andrea Love, Building Scientist, Payette
- Russ Miller-Johnson, P.E., Engineering Ventures
- Raquel Ranieri, S.E., LEED AP, Walter P Moore & Associates
- Chris Schaffner, P.E., LEED Fellow, The Green Engineer
Additional Registration Fee: EB: $99 / ADV: $175 / ONS: $250